Tuesday, October 9, 2012

A Trip to the Post Office

Upon returning just now from the local post office which is a little over two miles from this market, I am reminded of an adventure to there two summers past.
Having just sold my first antique on ebay I needed to ship it that business day as promised but had no transportation other than my daughter Katrina's small bicycle.  The package was large and cumbersome (a vintage tube tester), so I placed it in a back pack and peddled along scenic and hilly highway 14. 
The item was promptly shipped, I became friends with the very nice postmaster, and on the return trip (which is mostly up hill) I stopped at the corner store which is across highway 25 from the Batesville Speedway (where Mark Martin raced prior to his NASCAR career).
At the store I befriended the new owner and learned of how she arrived from Africa to America.  From me she learned of the fresh, home grown, Rhode Island Red chicken eggs that I raise here at the market and agreed to purchase a weekly quantity from me for use in her two-table cafe.
Time has passed since then but has left the experience of how to ship at low rates in the interest of the customer and a fine knowledge of printing shipping labels online, scheduling pick ups, and good packaging techniques. 
So if you have questions or interest related to this topic then please comment, email me, or communicate by whatever means that we have mutual.
Thanks for reading and if you are ever not too terribly busy then please visit us on facebook, or our site, or g+ page.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Would love to read your thoughts.